Manager and Coach Resource Center
Coaches, below you will find a variety of resources to help make your season a success. These resources include links to useful websites, documents to download, important dates to remember, and some of our latest posts relating to coaching. If you have any questions or need help with something additional, please contact our coaching coordinator.
- Please be advised that Costa Mesa American Little League obtains criminal background checks for volunteer managers, coaches, board members, assistant coaches, umpires and any other persons, volunteers and/or hired workers who provide regular services to or who have repetitive access to, or contact with, players or teams. Additionally, please be advised that the criminal background checks (conducted through First Advantage) include a state and federal criminal history with sex offender information. The criminal background check, which is conducted annually, does not include a subsequent arrest notification after the background check has been completed. For additional information about Costa Mesa American Little League’s background check policy, please contact Costa Mesa American Little League or First Advantage at www.fadv.com. Additional information on Little League Background checks can also be found at www.littleleague.org
Pursuant to California State Law, Article 3 (commencing with Section 11100) of Chapter 1 of Title 1 of Part 4 of the Penal Code, criminal history information is used internally. Confidential criminal history information is not disclosed to the public.
A list of upcoming important dates to pencil in on your calendar. For a full listing check here: Calendar.
Latest Coach’s Corner Posts
- Spring 2016 Lifeletics Clinic
- Little League Coach Pitch Program
- Feedback System for Team Managers
- Coach’s Clinic – Winter 2014
- Top 20 Tips for Little League Coaches
- FREE PCA Quick Courses
To view all posts click here: Coach’s Corner Posts.
Below are a few resources that will help with everything from managing your team to finding new drills.
- Fall 2017 Practice Schedule – Link to the practice and facility use schedule for all league teams.
- Manager’s and Coach’s Code of Conduct – Link to the CMALL code of conduct for managers and coaches. Must be reviewed.
- Little League University – Little League has developed an excellent FREE on-line coaching resource for managers and coaches.
- Little League Double-Goal Coach® Quick-Course – Provided by Positive Coaching Alliance, introduces the PCA principles of honoring the game, redefining winning, and filling the emotional tank.
- PCA Development Zone – A fantastic website for coaches provided by PCA. It’s full of resources to help develop better athletes, and better people.
- CMALL Baseball Twitter Feed – Our Twitter feed is full of links to great articles and resources for coaches.
- CMALL Facebook Page – Our Facebook page is an excellent source for updates, photos, and more.
- Shutterfly Share Sites – FREE web sites that are great for managing your team and sharing photos.
- GameChanger – A great app for keeping score and stats that is FREE. Parents can follow along with live updates and stats for a fee.
For additional downloadable forms and documents visit our Important Documents and Forms page.